Monday, April 11, 2011

T-E-A-M... I??

Right now he is upstairs packing, and not for a vacation, but for a long year away from his family serving his country. We've had our ups and downs with his chain of command with this whole deployment and quiet frankly I'm not as ready as I thought. A little background for those who dont know.


We moved to Hawaii this past June knowing he'd be deploying sometime this April. A full year, almost, having time to prepare. Then March got here, his company had too many soldiers going, and he was put on rear-d. Which means if something were to happen to someone over there or a spot became available he'd go at anytime with no times notice. Being on rear-d he would have been stuck on endless redundant details. So we go through a few weeks of thinking he wasn't being deployed only to wake up one day to his battle buddies saying,"hey dude when you coming back with us" He was now deploying and no one from his chain of command had communicated this with him. Oh well, we got over that and here we are.


So, here I am, sitting downstairs listening to his things being tossed on the floor, the scuffling of  his feet and bags as the prepare to leave the house, and I think to myself "whew maybe I'm not ready". Every time I look at him I tear up. Bryan is my best friend, my soul mate, my other half. He isn't like the typical husband that doesn't do much except game and complain about work. My husband and I are a team, a great one for that matter... and I'm not so sure if I can do this team work with out him. There isn't an "I" in team..

No comments:

Post a Comment